Tuesday, June 14, 2016

My dad and his cycle!

Do you remember this simple, sturdy piece of metal & tires?
It carried on itself the bondings of life some near some farther.

My dad has always been the very straightforward, the most gentle and yet strongest pillars of my life. I remember us riding around behind his bicycle since we were little. He would take us to different places. Mom would also be riding her cycle, carrying books, groceries and other things back n forth home to office.

Sometimes when I would go to school riding behind him, I remember telling him, go faster the school bell is about to ring. He would say, you should get ready in time, I can go only so much   fast, the quintessential lesson, be ready on time!

 When we grew up we also rode our cycles, 5 of those parked in our garage on the right side under the electricity meter. But till that did not happen, sometime we would be double riding, me and my brothers. My brothers were naughty, specially the younger one. He would say to my dad can I put my legs in the moving wheels of the cycle, can I, can I? My father would say no , never do that. Then one day he did it, oh my god so many tears, so much blood, so much screaming followed that!

We rode on that cycle, like it was the magical vehicle carrying our childhood into adulthood. 





No comments:

Post a Comment