Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Holding my father's hand

In retrospection I am thankful for that day this happened, because I remember that small incident from so well. It was recess time in my elementary school, we were playing on the slide. The big slide had a nail sticking out, which I did not notice. My little finger was cut and it started bleeding. I was probably in 1st grade. It must have been painful. I remember it was the end of the school day, and I started walking towards my home. 

I must have walked a few steps, when I saw papa riding his bicycle and coming to pick me. ‘Papa’ I said, ‘good you came, it hurts so much on this little finger, I got cut during the recess’. ‘Oh..o’ he said ‘we have to get you a tetanus shot for this immediately’. I remember I was so scared of that tetanus shot or any injections.

I did not remember the pain of that shot, however I do remember that he was there for me and I was holding the hand of the strongest man in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment